Do you know how to protect your eyes from the sun?
The most crucial season of the year is summer.
Our planet’s life depends on the sun, but its life-giving rays can represent a threat.
The sun’s primary danger is in the form of ultraviolet (UV) radiation.
Ultraviolet (UV) radiation is much stronger in summer.
Although everyone needs to be careful about UV exposure, certain individuals need to show extra concern.
Artificial sources, like welding machines, tanning beds and lasers, can also produce UV radiation.
When we think about damage from the sun’s rays, we focus mostly on our skin.
We use clothing and sunscreen as a shield to protect our skin from the summer heat.
But did you know UV and other radiation from the sun also can harm your eyes??
Diffrent type of thinking about UV radiation
European countries and many other countries have good knowledge about UV radiation and they follow all protective measures.
But in our country, many people do not have knowledge about UV radiation.
Many people may not realize that UV radiation can harm eyes and other components of solar radiation can also affect vision.
There are three types of UV radiation. UV-C is absorbed by the ozone layer and it does not make any threat.
However, UV-A and UV-B radiation can have long- and short-term negative effects on the eyes and vision.
If your eyes are exposed to excessive amounts of UV radiation over a short period of time, you will likely experience photokeratitis.
These symptoms are usually temporary and rarely cause permanent damage to the eyes. Ophthalmologists caution us that too much exposure to UV light raises the risks of eye diseases, including cataracts, growths on the eye and cancer.
Strong exposure to snow reflection can also quickly cause painful damage called snow blindness. It can also cause vision loss.
UV radiation from the sun can damage not only the skin of your eyelid but also the cornea, lens and other parts of the eye.
UV exposure also contributes to the development of certain types of cataracts, growths on the eye and possibly macular degeneration.
Too much UV exposure is proven to induce the development of cataracts.
The best way to protect your eyes is by wearing UV sunglasses whenever you’re outside.
Follow these tips to protect your eyes from the sun:
- Sun damage to eyes can occur anytime during the year, not just in the summertime, so be sure to wear UV-blocking sunglasses whenever you’re outside.
- If you spend a lot of time outdoors in bright sunlight, consider wearing wraparound frames for additional protection from the harmful solar radiation.
- Babies and kids need to wear hats and sunglasses for this very reason. People of all ages should take precautions whenever they are outdoors.
- Sunglasses play two functions: it protects the eyes from UV Radiation and Blue light. Also, it reduces the glare.
- Not all sunglasses are equal. Prefer a pair with lenses that block at least 98% of Ultraviolet radiation. If you prefer low quality sunglasses, it will damage your eyes in the long term usage. (At Least avoid non optical shop like gift shop, boutique shop & unknown online purchase for powered sunglasses.)
- If you are using contact lenses, you still need to wear Sunglasses when you drive two wheeler.
- Proper sunglasses provide protection against the sun and its harmful UV Rays. It also maintains good eye health and eliminates the reduction of vision damage.
- Select the perfect pair according to your lifestyle, personal needs or any other specifications.
- You should prefer Polarized glasses for long drive because it makes the images look clear and sharp and increases its clarity.
Are you ready to face this summer?
Buy your desired stylish and fashionable Sunglasses and Enjoy this Summer!!!
Specsmart is the best optical in Madurai within a short period and established in 2018.
We have grown to become the leading optical in Madurai.
We have built a strong reputation for providing the highest standard of optical care.
An optical with the best opticians for eye testing and eye care, friendly customer service and best quality products is the Best Optical.
We are doing Our services includes free eye tests, contact lens fittings, spectacles and prescription sunglasses.
Our trusted products include various styles and Frames of Eyeglasses, Contact Lenses, Sunglasses, Lens Solutions and other Optical Accessories.
Eyes are the most important part of every human being.
Most of the blindness and vision impairment is preventable and treatable if it is detected early.
Many people didn’t know about vision awareness.
We provide complete eye exams for the whole family and it is completely free for everyone.
We are providing free eye testing to create awareness about vision.
Eye testing is free for the non-spectacles user as well.
Specsmart has a free home delivery option.
We deliver all products through courier.
Thanks for your blog, nice to read. Do not stop.
Thanks for your kind words
süre tutum dilekçesi istinaf thanks i like it.
süre tutum dilekçesi istinaf thanks i like it.
kuru incir satın al fuys excellent thanks i like it.
incir excellent post thanks i like it.
url like studies thanks
url just thanks
url so thankfull now.